Yesterday, Adobe released its beta version of the upcoming Lightroom 5 with a few new features:
- Advanced Healing Brush allows customers to heal imperfections and remove distracting elements
- Upright tool analyzes an image to automatically level horizons and straighten objects like buildings to correct a keystone effect
- Radial Gradient tool creates off-center or multiple vignette effects
- Smart Previews allow customers to edit images without needing the original raw file
- Video slideshow enables customers to combine still images, video clips and music in a creative HD slideshow
- Upgrades to the Book module enhancing the ability to create, customize and order elegant photo books using a variety of tailored templates
I’m personally excited about the Upright Tool and the Radial Gradient tools shown in the screen shots below. They will be very useful indeed.
Remember that beta versions are not for everyone — they are a way for users to help work out the bugs before the final release and they only work for a limited time, and this program ends on June 30th with the full version coming out later this year.
Note too that Lightroom 5 is apart of Creative Cloud and will be an immediate and free upgrade to all Creative Cloud users.
For more info on the beta version, check out Adobe Labs.